Thank you for your interest in one of Windermere Property Management’s available rentals. The following Policies and Guidelines are intended to assist you in the application process and to fully understand the process and what is involved. It is our goal to make the process as simple and fast as possible. By reading, understanding, and adhering to these guidelines, you can help ensure that your application is processed quickly.
- Cost: Windermere Property Management uses a third-party screening company to process rental applications. There is a nonrefundable application fee which is required to be paid to begin the process. The application fee is $45.00 per individual (anyone over 18 who will be living in the home). This fee must be paid at the time your application is submitted.
- Rental Criteria/Qualifications: Windermere Property Management has general rental requirements and criteria which should be met to rent the property under the terms advertised. These are explained in detail below. While these requirements must be met to rent the property as advertised, other arrangements (such as additional deposit, cosigner or prepaid rent) may be made to mitigate for some deficiencies in credit, income, employment or rental history.
- Holding Policy: We will accept the first qualified applicant with a holding fee-which is the same amount as the rent. The holding fee is the only way to hold the home during the application process. Applicants who do not choose to place the holding fee at time of application risk being bumped by an applicant who does place the holding fee. Contact our office for further explanation regarding the holding fee and application process.
- Credit: Applicants should have good credit which demonstrates a record of timely payments. Applicants must not have any currently outstanding non-medical collections or any collections from previous landlords or management companies. Foreclosures, short-sales, and bankruptcies may be accepted but may require additional deposit/rent.
- Criminal Background: History of criminal behavior may negatively affect approval – drugs, sex offense, theft, robbery, assault, active warrants, etc … Determinations as to criminal screening will be made on a case by case basis and will be based on several factors and information. There will be no automatic denials based on crime without an analysis of the facts
- Rental History: Applicants must provide good rental history for their current and previous place of residence(s) to demonstrate a minimum of two years’ rental history. Applicants must not have late payments, evictions, 3-day pay or vacate notices, received 10-day notices for not complying with lease terms, or unauthorized pets reported by any current/previous landlords. If you have lived in your current residence for more than two years, we will still require a reference from your previous landlord. Rental references from family members will not be considered.
- Pets: All pets must be approved by the owner and subject to additional deposits.
- Employment History: Applicants should demonstrate stability in their employment. Applicants should be employed in their current position for a minimum of six months. If you’ve been employed at your current position less than six months, please provide one year of additional history in the same industry.
- Income Verification: Applicants’ monthly household income should be a minimum of three times the monthly rent payment. Debt to income ratio should not exceed 60% of monthly household income. If you are self-employed or retired, please provide two month’s bank statements to show total deposits. Military members need to supply the last 2 months of LES copies.
*We do not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports*